A Forest Hills Life

Another voice in the wilderness of central Queens working towards Forest Hills 2.0.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Queens Real Estate

So, as mortgage deliquencies hit a record high in the first quarter of the year, we also learn that foreclosures are up sharply in cities. Specifically, they're up 56% in NYC and a staggering 91% in Queens, which accounted for the bulk of NYC foreclosures.

I don't think the foreclosures will hit FH as hard as other areas, bu I'm curious what people are seeing in our neighborhood. I know prices in our building have come down and apartments are sitting on the market for a lot longer than they used to.

Whats happening in your building?

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve T. said...

Prices aren't going up around here, but I don't feel like they're coming down, either. Things have been pretty steady since I bought last August. I initially worried that I paid too much and bought right at the peak, but I'm thinking this place probably could have gone for $10k or more than I paid for it just a few months earlier.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home