A Forest Hills Life

Another voice in the wilderness of central Queens working towards Forest Hills 2.0.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Our first FH crime

So for the first time since we moved in, we were the victims of crime in FH. Nothing too bad. We got a call this morning at 9:00am that the cops were here, turns out someone smashed our windshield last night, as well as the driver side windows of two other cars. Not the worst thing in the world, but never something you want happening to you in your own neighborhood and especially not right on your own block.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve T. said...

I don't have a car, but while borrowing my parents' about six months ago, my tires got slashed while I was parked overnight way down 112th Street. Forest Hills has a very low crime rate, but I've heard that the only area that's really a problem is vehicular crime -- personal and anecdotal evidence certainly seems to support that.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Jon Parker said...

My brother had the same problem two Thanksgivings ago on Exeter near Yellowstone. Each tire had a neat little stab in it.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home